CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 13 April 2013

Sketch Time at A Gem of a Challenge



Good morning everyone!

It's a beautiful spring day here in Rotherham (if a little windy) and we have been very busy this morning!

I've done the big shop, cleaned up, mopped the floors, 2 loads of washing and cleaned the oven!

Any way its Saturday so that means a new challenge over at A Gem of a Challenge and this week we have a sketch for you provided by the lovely Katie.



I love a good sketch and this was a delight to work with!


I used the oh so pretty Chloe in heart PJ's and coloured her with my Prisma's



The papers are G45  ladies Diary - I can't believe I finally chopped into them - eeek! I did get away with using just one sheet though!


I added lace, gems, a punched border and faux stiching, a few flowers from WOC too (I had to colour some blue ones with a black promarker as I had run out)

The inside follows the same sketch.

I hope you like it and would love to see your take on the sketch too.

Love and hugs

xx Cara xx

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Card Crafter's Circle - Die cuts (ovals and sentiment are die cut)
Creative Inspirations - ATG & Hearts
Fuss & Fancy Friday - Faux Technique (I used faux stitching)
Sarah Hurley - Projects with Character
Simply Create too - use your stash (i finally used my G45 papers)

11 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! The color scheme is fantastic as are the lace and roses, and I do love how you did the shading around the image! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Cara. Chloe looks so sweet in her heart PJs and you have coloured her beautifully. Those papers are wonderful, I love the black lace too.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, I just love the colours and sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely Cara! Love the colour tones and that image is so sweet!

    Have a good weekend!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Cara, love the gorgeous image and design. The peach & black is scrummy.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara, I just love your card! The image is so beautiful and your design is fab, love your choice of color!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, love the image, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous cara.really sweet image and i love your colour combo, the black really pops :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the color combo, and love the background. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card - thanks so much for taking part in the Sarah Hurley Challenge. Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute card, thanks for sharing at Sarah Hurley Challenges

    ReplyDelete